Monday, June 14, 2010

Back track

So I've kinda slacked on posts for some big things that have happened, so here is a quick overview of the month of May:

May 15th:  My graduation!

 Right after I got back to my seat with my diplomas!










they look excited to celebrate with us!

May 16: First Annual Serpas Crawfish Boil.  So much fun, even though I'm no good at crakin' those shells compared to Chavanne!


he didn't make it much longer after this...



May 22-23: Our first vacation with friends!  We went with Tom and Angie Heinemann to New Braunfels to go tubing, than to Port Aransas to enjoy a little beach time.

 gotta stop at Roadhouse for a milkshake!


 dinner at the Gristmill and some dancin' at Gruene Hall

dinner in Port A (Amanda Trevino met up with us too!)

 fish mural....the reason we chose the room!

May 26: We found out I passed the Audit portion of the CPA exam, which was actually the last test I took and the one I was most worried about.

May 27: We received an email that Matt's paper titled "SMALL-SCALE MECHANICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF ALUMINUM AND TITANIUM ALLOYS " will be published in the Journal of Testing and Evaluation in the January 2011 issue (volume 39 issue 1).  Most master's students are not expected to publish, only PhDs......but Matt's a baller, you know!

May 28: We found out I passed the Regulation portion of the CPA exam marking my successful completion of the entire exam.  The answer to so many prayers!  All glory be to GOD!

May 29-31: Memorial Day Weekend/ Family Retreat at Camp Tejas. Always a wonderful time.  There are, of course a TON of great pictures from the weekend, but here are just a few.  We always love seeing the families and getting to catch up after a year a part.  It was especially fun to hear "words of advice for newlyweds".  Ever year we get to experience a great time and learn so much about how to raise a God-loving family.  We are forever grateful for the opportunity to learn from everyone there.


 right after we checked out the new inflatable slide!


Matt & Matty Arlington

results after a short mud football game

THE best catch of the weekend!

That about wraps up the month, as a said, a busy one!  We are looking forward to the rest of the summer.  It has already been a great start.  Coming up.....Gunn Family Reunion, Matt's Men's Fishing Trip, Anniversary trip to Houston, Moving Emily to SA, Mitch & Chavanne Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties, M&C Wedding, Megan & James' wedding all the while looking for an apartment (or house) in Houston!

No comments:

Post a Comment