Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Vegas!!!

The last bit of our time before moving to Houston was spent in Vegas with Martha celebrating Matt's graduation.  We left Friday afternoon from SA and didn't have to be back in town until the following Monday night.  We stayed at the fabulous MGM grand and the famous Las Vegas strip.

I took tons of pictures, so I'll give more of the stories up here and the pics will follow:

Once we finally arrived the the MGM we quickly dropped our stuff off in the room and headed to the casino to get our gambling on!  But first we met up with Cagney, who was conveniently in town for business and stayed a few extra days so we could all hang out.

So first excitement, within being in the casino 30 minutes, I hit a $720 jackpot an a slot machine.  That set us up to basically have fun doing whatever we wanted for the rest of the trip.  After spending some more time scoping out the casino and playing some roulette, Cagney, Matt and I headed over to the Luxor to check out the Bodies Exhibit (http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/lasvegas/)  It was SO cool.  Unfortunately, we couldn't take any pictures while inside, but we'd recommend it to anyone!  Very interesting to see all the muscles and organs of the human body.

Saturday we first headed for Las Vegas Indoor Sky Diving (http://www.vegasindoorskydiving.com/).  Amazing.  SOOOO much fun! At this point, this is our favorite thing we did on the trip!  I'll try to post the video Cagney graciously took of us!  The people there told us that there will be an indoor sky diving facility opening in Houston, we definitely want to check it out!

After skydiving we walked to the Palazzo, one of the newest, I think, hotels on the strip.  It was there we learned to play craps and had another big win.  We turned $100 into $200 and then got tipped another $100 for making the guy at our table some sweet cash!  This is where we became "addicted" to the game!

From there we met the Dixons, Kelly and Brett and Brett's parents at the Bellagio for their famous buffet.  All I can say is we ate WAY too much, as is expected when you go to a buffet!  After lunch/dinner, we walked around the Bellagio gardens, decorated for fall, and visited until we parted with the Dixons and headed home to get ready to go downtown.

We wanted to go by the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop as seen on "Pawn Stars" on TLC, but Kelly and Brett had gone and said it wasn't too exciting, so all I got was a blurry picture as we drove past in a taxi on the way downtown to Fremont Street.  The "Fremont Experience" is so much different from walking The Strip.  The casinos are older, and therefore not nearly as fancy inside, but still a lot of fun.  We posted up at a cheap poker table and ALL played hands for hours! We also took time to enjoy the light show that is played on the "ceiling" over Fremont.

Sunday we did our best to squeeze in the last bit of all the things we wanted to do. I went shopping at Planet Hollywood's "miracle mile" while Matt and Cagney caught some  football.  We had lunch at Wolfgang Puck's at the MGM.  We walked to the Paris Hotel, since I'd never been inside before and we hit up the pool for a bit (although we just missed the lazy river pool which was a little disappointing, we opted for a nap earlier in the day which made us miss the lazy river before it closed).  That night we stayed up pretty late trying the last of our luck on a machine called Top Dollar.  I don't remember what the final winnings were from that, but I know we at least turned $100 into $700!  A good way to wrap up the trip!

gate 7...lucky?
she was ready to go as soon as we got off the plane in Vegas!
checking in at the MGM

our view of The Strip from our room
Matt turned $20 in $.10.....
I made 50 cents!
right before we hit the big one...
my first big win!
night time view on our way to the Luxor for the Bodies Exhibit
The MGM at night
fabulous LV at night
the beginning of our skydiving adventure!
all suited up

I'm flying

inside the Palazzo Hotel

the casino floor of the Palazzo

Matt's new cars
where we learned to play Craps

Matt's round 1 of the Bellagio buffet

round 2 crab legs!

round 3, they brought out new meat!

my last round...I left our my other 3 :)

the Bellagio gardens decorated for fall

the gang

The Dixons

more from the Bellagio gardens

the Gold and Silver Pawn shop....in a blur as we drive by on our way to downtown

Our first view of Fremont Street

Downtown!!

our first downtown slot

the Fremont Street light show

ready for his big time LV poker tournament!

all dressed up!

time to eat!

our first experience in a Las Vegas night club (at the MGM)

on our way out for the last time in Las Vegas....for this trip

It was a great trip and we had such a fun time!  Thanks Martha!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment