Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl 45: Packers v. Steelers, February 6, 2011


Today was Superbowl Sunday, and the ONLY picture I took was of this dry erase board.  Now, I know that is a little pathetic...but it's too late now!  Let me at least explain the board!  At work, we were sent a email about a game were we could make predictions about the game (answer multiple choice questions) for a chance to win an ipad, so before the game started tonight, I wrote down all the questions and everyone who was watching the game with us (Ashley and Andy Hott and later Edie Matos) could make their predictions and we'd see who did the best at the end of the football game.  The questions were things like, who would win the coin toss, who'd score the first TD and field goal, would the Black Eyed Peas sing "I've got a feeling" and of course, who would win.  Ashley and I started our game off strong and lead the boys for a while, but at the football game score rose, so did the boy's points.  Ashley and Andy ended up winning our game and the Packer's won the Superbowl. It was a fun way to get through a game which no one really had any connections to at all.



















Matt made wonderful BBQ wings, as always, and Andy and Ashley brought homemade french fries and queso dip!

We also had cupcakes with ice cream in them!  For Christmas Martha gave me this cupcake corer thing, so we tried it out tonight.  It took some figuring out how to get the middle of the cup cake out without tearing the whole thing up, but after some trials, it worked!  I had made dark chocolate cupcakes, we took out the middle, put chocolate ice cream inside and then put dark chocolate icing on top....AMAZING!  We will definitely be doing that again!

Here is the corer thing we used, in case anyone is interested:

No comments:

Post a Comment