Wednesday, August 17, 2011

what's been going on....

So I am behind again on needing to post so pictures so I thought I'd atleast take the time to get some thoughts down on "paper".

Two weeks ago Tom and Angie came to visit!  A twist on our annual "Couples' Retreat."  We spent the weekend relaxing/being lazy and took a few pics along the way, which I will post ASAP!

Last weekend we ventured down to Galveston with the Serpas' and Bowlings for a day at the beach!  Mitch and Chavanne have been living in Seabrook/Baytown this summer while Mitch has his internship at Exxon and this was the first time we've been able to go down and visit.  We met the gang at the beach in Galveston and spent a few hours laying around, playing in the warm water and trying to learn how to skim board from our resident "Floridian", Ian (I don't think he was actually born in Florida, not sure, but he claims the area and his beach skills.  We then went back to the Serpas' apartment in Seabrook to clean up and have dinner.  We then spend the next few hours watching a marathon of the History Channel's "Top Shot".  A show we found all six of us could pretty much get into for its mix of reality tv, drama and guns. Sunday morning we got up, had a lovely breakfast courtesy of Chef Chavanne and then headed back to Cypress!

That weekend, I think, marked the official beginning of our "busy season" at work.  That was the first weekend I had to work both days and probably not the last for the next few months.  I am mentioning now to say that it is likely there won't be much going on for us otherwise during this time, so the posts might be more sporatic. 

We do have some fun things planned around all the "busyness".  Maybe going to one of the first A&M football games of the year, planning on having our neighbors over for a game (our diagonal neighbor went to A&M), Matt will be going to Vegas for Nick's "1st bachelor party" as I am calling it (it seems he is having another one two weeks later)     :)   And at the "end" (Oct 15 is our biggest deadline but there are still a few more returns due in Nov)  Matt is spending a weekend with the guys in Corpus (Nick's "second bachelor party") and Emily and I are planning a girls' weekend in a location TBD.  So definitely some fun things to look forward to.

I'll work on getting those Couples' Retreat pictures posted soon. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment