Saturday, April 28, 2012

Atlantis!!!!- Happy Birthday Martha!

Finally I got all of the pictures I wanted to share on here!  Took a while :)

So why am I starting our vacation blog post with pictures at an indoor driving range?  Well......we unfortunately missed our flight out on Thursday.  Totally our fault, we should've left earlier.  So since we couldn't leave until Friday we tried to make the most of our Thursday off.  We took some time to relax at home, went to a late lunch outside at La Hacienda then went and had some fun at Academy.

Matt and Martha working on their swing.


We had a putting contest on the green....in the store :)

Now this brings us to Friday...lets try this again.  On the tram on the way to our terminal after checking in!  Farther than we had gotten on Thursday!

This is how Matt holds down the fort when we run to the rest room

Its hard to read but the gate says Nassau....we might actually make it!

on our little plane....one seat on this side, only two on the other, direct flight from Houston to Nassau

our first view of the island!

like I said, small plane

we arrived like celebrities, walking straight off the plane onto the tarmac!

first pictures at the hotel!  behind Martha are the condos you can buy if you want to come back to Atlantis ALL the time!  I can't imagine home much THOSE cost!


harbor view from our room

"Michael Jackson" suite, I don't think its actually called that but apparently he used to stay there in the bridge, two story suite.

we FINALLY made it to the beach!


This is the tank the slides on all the commercials go through.  You can see the tube there.

that's Matt on the slide!  I couldn't believe I actually got this picture!

beautiful sunset our first night


I think this is my favorite picture from the trip.  Matt did so good with the lighting!


Showing off some of her wininings

snack time!

Saturday was a light raining but not enough to keep us inside!  We started the day off with Matt entering a round robin tennis tournament!  The other participants said he did great for having just picked up tennis recently.  We are going to try to play more often!


snack time after his games, walking back from the tennis court we checked out The Cove, section of the hotel (we stayed at the Royal Towers).

rays and sharks lunch time

one of the ladies that worked at one of the snack bars gave Martha a birthday sundae!

checking out the ruins aquariums




main lobby in between the towers and the casino.  Saturday night we caught a movie (Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol before heading to the casino)

Sunday morning: looks like a postcard!

Matt snorkeling in the lagoon shown above

after snorkeling we went for lunch back across the Paradise Island bridge, in Nassau, at The Poop Deck 

we had the fresh red snapper....best fish I have EVER had!  so delicious!


back at the beach!

view from the top of the other water slides, those not shown in the TV commercials.  these were all pretty intense, but I went on ALL of the tube slides!  Matt was so proud!


Video of one of the slides (click the link) I'm not gonna lie, this one was a little scary the first....and second times :)  it takes off from the highest point in the waterpark!  But you'd all be proud, I did ride it, here is the evidence!

I like tube slides (there were three, plus the lazy river), but I am not as much a fan of the body slides.  Here is one of the one's Matt went on!
Matt on The Abyss water slide




view from the slides of one of the beaches

famous temple slides: I did actually go on this one too!  Only once :)

our last night, Sunday night, at the Marina Village


Matt surprised me with a ring pop proposal.  so sweet and so funny.  people were watching and waiting for my answer and then told us congrats after :)  I'm such a lucky girl!

throne

just outside the casino, we had fun!

our flight issues didn't stop with missing our Thursday flight, on the way back our flight was overbooked.  The airline was able to get us one seat so Martha could fly back and catch her connection in Houston to SA, but Matt and I had to go to Newark and then back to Houston.  We have a some fun with it at least, saw the New York skyline seen here

Matt got his "Brooklyn Street Dogs"

We finally made it home that night, about 6 hours later than we had planned but with lots of great memories and awesome pictures to document our adventures! I will be sure to post a link to my photo book whenever I get that done, to see the rest of the pictures, but I think this gives you a good overview of the trip!  We had so much fun together and enjoyed the beautiful sights!

After thought, a few videos from the trip to share here too!

360 view of the beach! (one of the beaches)

underwater :)






2 comments:

  1. I loved reading about your adventures! Thanks for documenting this. Can't wait to finally be in the same city again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for leaving a comment! makes me excited that someone else is actually looking at the pics besides me :)

      I can't wait until you are here either. then you will for sure be included in some posts :)

      Delete