Sunday, April 14, 2013

Recent Randoms

NOTE: please ignore the formatting on this post, not sure what is going on, but don't have time to fix it at the moment, just wanted to get it all down!

Since my last post we haven't been to any events where we took at lot of pictures, until yesterday, that deserves a  post of its own, so more on that later.  Until then, here are a few recent randoms:

I made and sold my first two "for profit" wreaths!  So much fun!  I've thrown around the idea of setting up an Etsy site, will post a link if I get the courage to do it! :)




The following week we went to a "see you later" dinner for Nate, who was leaving to move back to Alaska that weekend.  I of course did not take any pictures then because that would cause me to be way too emotional.  Nate is truly a brother to both me and Matt and we are so blessed by his friendship.  We will miss seeing him "frequently" but I know we will always be in touch.  We will begin planning a trip back up to AK once Nate is settled!  We are excited he is back in his homeland, but sad for our loss here in Houston!

March 4th was this little cutie's 21st birthday!  Happy Birthday Reid!  I have no idea how you are 21 already!  You have turned into a handsome young man (not that you weren't cute before!) And I am so thankful God chose me to be your sister!

 My mom also got to come visit for a weekend in March!  We didn't do a good job of documenting the weekend, but did a picture of our delicious pizza lunch which we enjoyed with Amanda and Emily!



Matt and I spent on Friday night, on our "suit and tie" date night, picking up a gray suit for Eric and Katie's wedding (coming next Sunday!!!) and stopping for a bite at Newk's!





As recruiting kicks up, I have gotten to drive to College Station a few times already, and will get to go back at least one or two more times this month!  It's always fun to be back and especially to get to be at Kyle Field!

We also got to eat at Blue Baker during one of the trips so I was clearly in heaven!



We had dinner and a game night with Eric and Katie, Emily in Chris a few weeks ago!  Lupe Tortilla, followed by Settler's is always a good time!


                                                                               Since the weather has been wonderful, Matt and I got to have a picnic and play frisbee one weekend!


I also have to show this here to document for all prosperity, I finished "Bohnoeffer"! (see the book here if you are interested: http://www.amazon.com/Bonhoeffer-Pastor-Martyr-Prophet-Spy/dp/1595552464)  It is definitely the longest book I have ever read and may ever read, but I'm glad I did it!  It was our February book club book which we stretched into March too since no one could get it read in one month!  It was a really neat story and an interesting perspective on WWII.


This past week we went to meet Miss Dawnette Googer!  Isn't she cute!  We got to have dinner with the Googer clan and play Blockus!


           On April 6th I got to go to an Astro's game with some coworkers and sit in the Diamond Club seats.  If you ever get the opportunity to sit there, do it!  There was so much food! and look how close we were!


This past week was a good friend at work's last day.  She is going to work for an oil and gas company and I am so excited for her and her new opportunities!  Toni is a wonderful role model to me and I know the Lord has great things planned for her in her new role!  I am thankful for the time I had to work with her!



1 comment:

  1. Loved all these pictures!!! Although I always get SO JEALOUS and then have to pray for joy afterwards... haha! miss you and wish we were in some of these pics. Mexico is much needed!

    ReplyDelete