Monday, August 26, 2013

NOLA #KoriandSeth

The first weekend of August, we headed, along with Emily and Chris, to New Orleans for Emily's brother, Seth's wedding!  The wedding was Friday evening, so we headed out early Friday morning east on I10.

First stop, near/in Beaumont-breakfast!

Matt making a selection....so many delicious choices!

Thanks Rao's for starting out our trip right!  I recommend the kolaches.  Get two, they're small!

 Back on the road!

This trip marked the first trip where we used the Smiggy (patent/trademark pending), for hands free mobile viewing.  I'd say she liked it!

Matt watching a movie, comfortably, I might add!

When we got just outside NOLA we stopped for lunch at Cajun Persuasian....Em's pick, too funny

Had to get a Po Boy!


From there we headed to Eric and Jill Greenberg's house, well the place they are staying until they find a house.  We chatted for a while, and then got ready for the wedding!

Jill and Eric's next door neighbor: a parrot!

Strange coincidence, Matt and I have  been to NOLA one other time, for another wedding, funny part, it was at this same venue! I can see why though, it is very pretty!


me and my hunny!

beautiful outdoor ceremony! Seth and his mom!

Emily and her dad

the happy couple

they're married!


at the reception we had sno cones!

Emily giving (another) baller speech!

AND she caught the bouquet


uh oh :)


The next day we did a little site seeing in the city! New Orleans famous trolley car

Lunch at Domilise's: we ordered the catfish, good choice!

We then made a quick stop at Harrah's!  Spoiler alert: the Sanders lost, the Greenbergs came out ahead!

$100 machine, that's how we roll...............(not really)


We then went down to the French Quarter.  Very pretty! (some parts a little scary)

Plaza de Armas in NOLA, Em and I have been to the Plaza de Armas in Sevilla, Spain!  I knew I recognized that sign!

Another famous site: the St. Louis Cathedral

Another must see/taste: Cafe Du Monde, we can back later to eat....

lunch at Central Grocery!  please click the link, their website stinks!  I guess they don't need a website for people to know their Muffulettas are GOOD!


Time to eat!  Goes great with Barq's Root Beer! (or cream soda-Matt's choice)

off to the French Market!

I was told there is ALWAYS a festival going on in NOLA, this is no joke!  We stumbled upon the Satchmo Summer Fest




back at Cafe Du Monde for snack time!




enjoying the sunset


It was a great visit to NOLA!  Very cool!  Happy wedding weekend to Seth and Kori!  We wish you all the best!  Thank you for letting us share the day with you!  Jill and Eric, we hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment