Sunday, November 3, 2013

Emily + Chris (9.12.13)

So I'll let this first picture give away what THIS post is about.  We were not there for this exact moment, so I stole this picture from Em, but I think this is one of the cutest pictures so I had to include here as well!

Chris and Emily are engaged!

Thursday, September 12th Chris had planned to take Emily to dinner in the park for a night away from grading papers/lesson planning.  Meanwhile, a bunch of their friends and Em's family met up at Jamie and Amanda's house for a post engagement celebration.  

Chris had been gracious enough to let us in on the surprise a few weeks in advance, and as I was serious about not letting anything slip to Em, I was so glad I only saw her in person, one time while I was in the know!  I couldn't wait for THE day, so we could finally start talking about the wedding/planning/staring at her ring/etc!!

When THE day arrived, Matt picked me up from work, by this point I had spent most of the day telling all of my coworkers what was going down, and tried to at least accomplish a few things at the office before I was finally able to call it a day and head on to more exciting things.  We went to eat at Lupe (of course) and then headed over to Jamie and Amanda's house to set up some decorations for our part of the surprise.  Chris texted both Jamie and I a few times that day and even right before he went to pick Em up, so it was fun to think about how she had no idea what the next few hours held!

A few pictures from the night:

Jackie (another roommate), Jamie, Britt, Matt and Amanda waiting for everyone else to arrive

Treats!

Once Chris had proposed, Em asked who had known and he only told her Jamie and me, not entirely true :), so Em texted us and then called her parents, who pretended like they were surprised and not hanging out with everyone else who knew what was going on.  Sneaky sneaky!

Eric, Matt and Britt

They finally arrived!  Surprise!

Hugging the fam

recapping the evening for us

bling bling

The newly engaged with the Gillhams

yay!  so excited for yall!

clearly we are thrilled


This engagement is brought to you by Yahtzee.  Chris had hidden the ring box in the Yahtzee game so he could sneak it out to the picnic dinner without any suspicion!  Nice work!

We love these two!

Congrats bestie (I don't know that I've ever used that term)!  I am so so happy for you and Chris.  We love you both so much and are so blessed to get to be a part of this time in y'alls life!  I know the Lord had brought you two together and we can't wait to see what he has in store for "the Andy's" (I like the sound of that!).  Em you are going to be the most beautiful bride!  I can't wait!  March 16th can't get here soon enough!  Whoop! Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment