Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Moving day....one

Today marks the first day of moving into our new place!  I will be sure to post pics as soon as possible, also assuming we get internet set up in the new place soon too!

I just wanted to make a few notes here before everything got crazy!

First off, Matt and I went over to the house last night at like 9:30 since he can't be with me today when I go to meet Andrea, we wanted to walk in together and scope things out.  He of course carried me over the threshold, so sweet!  After walking around and looking at some imperfections Matt said, "who knew buying a house would be so much work" (sort of sarcastically).  I think we knew that it wouldn't be perfect and exactly what we wanted the moment we moved in, but there were more little things that we had noticed in the beginning.  We then reminded ourselves that first off we were being way too critical and way more critical than anyone else would be.  We also took a moment to remember that we feel blessed that we are able to even buy such a nice house and that the adventures to come are part of us growing and making this place ours.

I also want to take a moment to mention, even before it happens, how wonderful our friends here are.  This morning I woke up (late :)  whoop) to a text from Mary asking what she could do to help me today and an email from Heidi and JT asking what time they should come over to help us move.  How awesome.  So thank you everyone, in advance for being so awesome and offering to help.  I think we are going to make great progress this evening!  Y'all are the best!  And I also don't want to forget out "old" friends who are coming up this weekend to help with the next phases, unpacking and maybe painting.  Yall are wonderful and we are so glad we get to show you the new place so soon!  We are working on getting your guest rooms ready, I'll be making a call about the new bed in just a few minutes!

That's it for now.  I'm off to make a million phone calls to make sure things are getting set up when we want/need them!

Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment