Thursday, February 9, 2012

second birthday weekend

Because I am so blessed by our friends, I got to celebrate my birthday two weekends!  The weekend of January 20th we headed to SA to hang out with great friends!  We started the weekend on Friday with half of a city league soccer game.  Tom plays on a team with some of Angie's coworkers and others.  About half way through the game the most intense fight I have EVER seen broke out! The other field's team even came and joined in (we found out they actually used to be one team so they wanted to "have each other's back"-really I think they just wanted to get in on the action), it was a little scary.

Now lets move on to the nicer side of the weekend :)

Our drive into SA

Saturday morning we helped Tom and Angie move into their new townhouse!

Emily helping pack the UHAUL


carrying out Tom's clothes!


Matt directing traffic


At the new place!  The speed limit is 19, don't even think about going 20!!


the new place!

the best friends a girl could ask for!

so our pizza rolls accidentally leaked some olive oil onto the bottom of the oven, which set off the smoke detector.  Clearly I was not worried as the guys worked feverishly to fan the smoke away.

After the smoke cleared, this was the final product, SOOOOO yummy!!

he's such a cutie :)

you guys are great cooks!

and brownie cupcakes for dessert of course!


and then a game of Settlers!



a little nap after a long day!

Another wonderful weekend with great friends.  Love you all!  Looking forward to next time!

On the way home we had one more adventure, a tire blow out on the truck.

We had just found out on Thursday that the Jeep had a cracked radiator, so we decided it wasn't reliable enough to take to SA anymore.


Matt handled the whole thing so amazingly, I was so encouraged by it.  He was driving when it happened and he steered us safetly off the road, showed me how to jack up the truck and then changed our tire!  My hero!


This incident helped solidify in our minds that we needed a more reliable car.......

No comments:

Post a Comment