Thursday, January 2, 2014

Aggie Women's Leadership Conference and Weekend Trip to SA

October 17th marked the first (annual ?) Womens Former Students Network Leadership Conference.  I was not on the conference planning committee, but I know how much work was put into the planning the slate of speakers and all of the events surrounding the all day conference.  I was excited the day had finally arrived after taking about it for months!

Wednesday night we opened up for early registration/check in, and had a few people come by to pick up their packets.  After that, I went with mom to Grub Burger (yum!) 


Thursday was the WFSN Leadership Conference. I worked off and off throughout the day, but also go to sit in on most of the speakers and it was a great day!  Based on feedback, it seemed like everyone in attendance had a great time and enjoyed the networking.

Andrea and Jacklyn came! (one of the SALT partners helped me secure a KPMG sponsorship for 6 people from the Houston office to attend the conference - 2 tax (my girls here), 2 audit and 2 advisory!)

Performances by the Signing Cadets

and the TAMU Women's Chorus!

We also ran into Shelly Brenckman, my Aunt Sue's sister in law!  We were actually seated next to each other at the luncheon!

Friday, after sleeping in (much needed), mom and I headed to Blue Baker (of course) for a little lunch before we headed out of town!

That weekend, we had plan to go with Chris and Emily, to visit the Heinemanns in SA!
Cole playing with the puzzle we gave him for his birthday in August!

a little Aggie game watching!

had to get in some SA food fixes - Chester's!

Cute family!



Our drive back to Houston was one of the longest ever (never to happen again now that 99 is open from 290 to I10 as of December 2013!), but while we were SITTING on a back road trying to get up to 290, I couldn't help but at least enjoy the view!  Not often you see nothing but green fields "in" Houston!

Thank you Lord for the reminders of your beauty even in the frustration of terrible traffic!

1 comment: